Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The yapping fake Cap

I'm really quite befuddled by what I see from the married couples around me......

Why is it that married couples don't "talk" to each other? And by "talk" of course I am not referring to something within the line of the yapping that I do all the time to my friends. By "talk" I mean serious communication. It doesn't even have to be a serious topic, but why can't they just talk to each other?

I mean, if they could manage to talk to each other on the phone and bog the phone all day, if they could whisper seriously silly things to each other like there's no tomorrow, if they could do all that while they were dating or seeing each other, then why can't they communicate with each other once they're married?
I just don't get it.

Is it because they're so sick of each other that there's nothing they feel like discussing with their spouses anymore? I sure hope not.

I used to naively think that the reason married couples don't need to talk so much to each other was because they know each other so well that there was no need to say the words.
I know now that I either watched too many chick flicks or listened to too many cheesy songs. So, as a penalty, there will be no more Ronan Keating's When you say nothing at all for me.

Well, ... not until the next time I start singing along like a crazy girl when I hear this on the radio

Seriously, ... I hope if -- and that's a big IF--, IF God's finally nice enough to let me be in the same position one day, I pray that I will not do it the same way.

This just reminds me of what an old friend from high school said once. She told me that given my kungfu, I'd have to find a really, seriously quiet person who can bear with all my yapping. I thought it was silly then, but now I'm not so sure especially considering how I've gotten from good to EXCELLENT in my yapping skills. Then, a few years later, someone else told me that his first impression of me was: "Boy, ....is this girl talkative or what!!!?!?

Despite their comments, though, the same two people used to make me talk to them for hours. When I tried to cut down on phone bills, they would call me instead and insisted that I talk to them... about anything at all.
It's quite silly now that I think of it.

Anyway, I found this from an old acquaintance's posting on friendster's bulletin board:

Capricorn, the tenth Sign of the Zodiac, is all abouthard work. Those born under this Sign are morethan happy to put in a full day at the office,realizing that it will likely take a lot of those daysto get to the top. That's no problem, sinceCapricorns are both ambitious and determined:they will get there. Life is one big project for these folks, and they adapt to this by adopting a businesslike approach to most everything they do.Capricorns are practical as well, taking things onestep at a time and being as realistic and pragmaticas possible. The Capricorn-born are extremelydedicated to their goals, almost to the point ofstubbornness. Boy, those victories sure smellsweet, though, and that thought alone will keep Capricorns going.

If this is true, I should seriously try to re-check my date of birth.



No comments: