Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A nice compliment ... and a few more

There's this really nice middle-aged couple in one of my yoga class. Unfortunately they're dropping the class since they are not able to keep up with the rest of the class.
Today was the last classs, so I stopped to talk to them in the hallway, just so I could kinda' say good-bye to them.

He confirmed they won't be coming next week.
"We can't do most of the stuff.....," he smiled, before adding, "But you......you're doing really well, though."
I couldn't help but gave an awkward smile. Not sure what to say as I think he was just trying to be nice.
"No... seriously! I mean, despite your size....." he added again with a smile.

Hahahaha....
I thought then at that minute that he must have meant what he said.

Thanks for making my day, Uncle!

I love the compliments I've been getting the past few days.

An acquaintance said my face was "thinner". My sis-in-law liked my hair. My aunt said my butt is ever-so-slightly smaller. Eeyore said I looked kinda' cute driving my sis-in-law's Pooh-invested Honda Jazz... (What can I say.... I don't hear the word cute being associated with me that often, even when it's in a joking manner such as in this case. So, I happily took note of this historical event).

No comments: