Thursday, September 21, 2006

Over a chat this evening with some of my classmates, I've just remembered this one particular thing I wanted to complain about traffic back home.

No, it's not the traffic jam.
I've accepted the fact that it is what it is. I doubt that there will be any significant change within the next 20 years or so, considering how things are done back there.

What I found most annoying from my driving experience during this most recent 4-day stay was the pedestrians.
God, they're annoying!!!!

I could not and still can not fathom what is so fun about jaywalking that all of them, and I mean all... well, ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but seriously a lot of them do, either have a cheeky grin or a really wide smile when they jaywalk.
On one occasion on the road leading to the toll-way, with tons of vehicles running in high speed, I even encountered a bunch of giggly ladies (who were definitely not in their teens) chuckling and laughing, holding hands while dashing across the street. What made it even more annoying was how they deliberately completely slow down, while still giggling, and strutted along once you slow down to let them cross.

Speechless...

I mean, I'm not a saint. I definitely jaywalk, too. BUT there is a huge difference: I happen to take jaywalking as a dead-serious activity, ok? I only do that either when the traffic is in a complete stand still, or when I know that I won't be in the way of the incoming vehicles which are usually quite a distance away. OH well, I know this is quite a relative measure which can be debated, but at the very least, I never, never, NEVER giggle when I jaywalk.As I said before,it's a dead-serious activity to me.

I think we should have a heavier fine for giggling jaywalkers. I think they're insulting the serious jaywalkers like me.

No comments: