Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Can't wait till December...

I feel bad.
I wish I could spend more time with my gramps...
but with all the classes, the projects, the assignments from "my boss", the errands I have to run for my "real boss", and the training sessions, I really have very little time to spare.

To make things worse, I've always been a nite owl.
I have a clearer mind at night, thus I'm more efficient and effective working during night time.
My gramps, on the other hand, can barely stay up past 8.30 pm.
By the time, I get up in the morning, they've left with my aunt to her shop.
I'll probably see them for about an hour or two nowadays. And that's only when I don't have anything going on in the evening.

I'm really afraid I'm turning into the cousin who I resent the most for his lack of attention for our gramps. It's a long story, but in short I feel that he's not fulfiling his duty as the only "official" grandson, while enjoying all the benefits my gramps provide for him.

I keep telling myself that things will be better once I'm done with school in December. That I will be able to spend more time with my family, especially my parents and my gramps.... oh and also the two trouble-makers back home, aka. my niece and nephew. I really, really hope I'm not lying to myself.

I can't wait till December.

No comments: