Saturday, March 24, 2007

Good morning, sunshine!

There are definitely times when I can't believe how nice GOD(s) is to me.
And this morning is definitely one of those days.
I wished for something just last night, and I got exactly what I wished for this morning.
7.42 am local time. Boy... GOD can sure be quite efficient some time.

After a follow-up appointment at the doctor's, I was initially planning to go shop for some decent work outfits (It won't be funny to run out of clothes to wear on a weekday, I don't think).
However, the idea of shopping on a saturday afternoon I suppose has somehow developed into a nightmarish picture to me. I chickened out and decided to stay at home instead.
I was ready to just decompose for the day, when my grandparents came home early.
Just one look at them and I knew how bored they were (thanks to those kids and grand kids who are so busy they can't even spare an hour or so every few weeks to just drop by and say hi).
Suddenly, I had one of my lightbulb moments and one word popped out: MAHJONG.

So my grandma and I had our first Mahjong 101 session with Grandpa as the instructor. It was quite fun to see how Grandma went from coyly peeking at Grandpa and me every once in a while, repeating every other minute or so that she knows nothing about mahjong, to dragging her own chair to join us. Before we knew it, she was already developing her own style in picking up her tiles and yelling PONG! like nobody's business. By the time we called it the day, a few hours had passed without us realizing it.

I'm just glad I chickened out of shopping today. It sure was more than worth it to see my grandpa's face lit up when I suggested that he teach me how to play the game. I'm just glad I found them something to do. Maybe next time I can arrange for a weekly mahjong game for them.

3 comments:

BETO said...

it's priceless...for everything else there is mastercard.
since now ur working :)
congrats!

chocoholic said...

Thanks, dimcorner!
Actually, officially I haven't started working yet but hopefully nothing goes wrong and I can start soon.
^_^

BETO said...

all the best for you!