Sunday, March 11, 2007

Parents are great but they are even more amazing as grandparents.

My grandparents are really amazing people and I suppose my parents take after them.
In the case of my wacky parents, they take grand-parenting to a whole new level of wackiness.

Who else would lug BBQ pork, roti prata, chicken rice, tau-pok and the likes almost every single time they fly back home from this tiny blip on the blue planet? My dad who doesn't even step into a wet market back home would even go and volunteer to do the shopping himself.

(I just hope my lucky niece and nephew can see how lucky they are)

The downside of this, of course,.... I feel a tad guilty whenever I don't do the same thing for those wacky kids of my brother's.

You see... they're just too wacky to be true, ...... just the way I love them to be.

God knows what the heck they're doing in this picture, but it shouldn't be that hard to guess who instigated the whole thing.

2 comments:

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Grandparents spoil without having the responsibilities of disciplining.
So do aunties like us.
I make use of the privilege as long as I can. I bet you do too. ;)

chocoholic said...

Actually, I think I scold them way more often than I spoil them.
Was telling my sis-in-law that at the rate I keep "disciplining" my niece, I definitely am not on her list of favorite people.