Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Big bang

Saw this while waiting at the doctor's today:

Son: "How much does it cost to get married, Dad?"
Father: " I'm not sure, Son.... I'm still paying for it now."

Got tons of stuff to do before I can start my new job, but my biggest problem now is my critically low level of confidence.
Pre-employment anxiety attack?
I really wish I could go out and jog right now. I bet it will feel really good, if not for my cranky left knee. I hope it turns out to be nothing major or permanent.

By the way, I really have to train myself to speak softer FAST. Wonder if anyone has ever failed their probation period at work for being too loud.

On a side note, we had our family photo taken a few weeks back when I was back home for CNY. I have always enjoyed, or actually admired, this particular photographer's work so I decided to ask him to take a picture of me, myself and I.
I have been really curious about the results and I finally got to see it today thanks to my Mom who sent it along with some documents I asked for.

*So happy*

Never in my life have I seen such a fancy picture...... with ME in it!!!!!
Call me a self-centered biatch if you want, I couldn't care less.
I definitely want a BIGASS print of that photo, even if it's going to take forever before I can afford a decent place of my own where I can put it up.
And it will definitely be on my personal list of priceless worldly possessions.

---------------------

An accident happened around the corner, just in front of our block while I was working on this post.
There was a short screeching sound before a really loud BANG.
The first kay-poh instinct in me tip-toed in high speed (to avoid disturbing my gramps who were already fast asleep) to the window but couldn't get any view. Not willing to give up, I speed-tip-toed again to the front door, thinking I would go downstairs to get a real close-up view.
As I was reaching out for the door, I suddenly froze.
"What if it gets really bloody?" I thought.
"What if the scene looks like something out of a horror movie? what if there are kids involved?"
I don't think I could've handled that. Although in hindsight, I doubt any parents with a straight mind will drag their kids around with them at 1 am in the morning during weekdays.

So I walked back to my room not realizing that my cousin were joining his parents in their room to watch the whole thing from the parents' window. He told me later that the accident involved a cab and a silver sedan.

So there you go... why the title for today's post is what it is : )
As for the casualties, my cousin thinks both drivers survived, albeit with some injuries of course.

2 comments:

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Chocoholic, You'll do great on your job!!! One day at a time. Then after a while, you'll look back and think "Huh, I did pretty okay...".
:)

chocoholic said...

Thanks, bluecactus!
I sure hope you're right....
It's just that I don't remember being this nervous when I started working before.
I really hope you're right on this...