Monday, January 01, 2007

Old & New

This was an impressively quiet New Year's Eve.
For 4 consecutive years before last year, New Year's Eve was a pretty much standard operation for FUN. Last year was spent back home with my family. Although with two toddlers, my sis-in-law and my brother was in no mood to stay up late, at least I was home.
Most importantly, it was not quite.... at all. With the amount of illegal fire crackers that were unleashed around the block, I was even starting to get nervous, thinking that I had somehow got myself stranded in some war zone.

This year, however.... was totally the opposite.
Silent Night couldn't have been more appropriate as a theme song for the night.
Just me, my notebook, the stack of material for my assignment, my hand phone(which had turned into some sort of gallery for Hallmark-card kind of wishes), and .... the quiet reservoir.
There was almost no wind, so the water was almost perfectly still.

Somebody made me really miserable, and bugged as hell for a while coz I didn't expect to get that miserable.

My sis-in-law called to wish me happy new year since I'm one hour ahead of her.

Then the new year came.

Suzie was the first one to sms me right after midnite.
Mom followed with confirmation of the annual illegal firecracker competition around the block at home.

Wished for a second that I had some champagne or even just plain nice girly beer to celebrate the new year. Just me, myself and I.

Anyway, life goes on...
New year. New calendar on the wall.New (older) age to put in forms (well, technically still got some time before that happens).
Same old life. Same old me. Same old world.

No comments: