Saturday, August 26, 2006

Weekend log

Yesterday was another "full" day for me.

I had to get up early to settle my tuition fees at school. Some idiot hit my front bumper at the parking lot and I only found out when I got back from the StudentServices.
I was so darn pissed off..... Still am actually....
Can't help but feel like cursing the coward cum idiot.
(On hindsight, I find it interesting how in sharing this story with my friends, I simply assume that it was a male driver. )

Anyway, I didn't have much time to sit around and investigate (as suggested by Bow later on), as I still had to run to my very first kick fit appointment
Yup, smelly gloves and all (The trainer is helping me buy a new pair. YAY!Red gloves and wraps! I bet everyone in my family will have something to say about this...)
The session was really impressive though.... 500 g in 1 hour??!?!?
Especially since I spent most of the time panting and gasping for air.

After a quick nap at home, which I think I fully deserve since I haven't been getting enough sleep and everybody says I look tired, it was off to campus for my class.

After the full 3-hour lecture, HB and I dropped off the guys at various spots and then we went back to Brauhaus for a girl power talk session.
It was really fun though the place was unusually crowded last night.
Apparently, HB and I seem to share a lot in common.

As for today, this evening was my very first encounter with snails as a dish on the dining table....
Yaiks.... Talk about color, texture and taste, it was definitely an interesting experience.
I was quite nervous at first, but since everybody else seemed to enjoy it a lot, I didn't wanna be a party pooper.
Remembering the song from the classic "Three Little Pigs" video that my brother and I used to watch: "Who's afraid of the big bad (snail)?" I thought.
So off I went sucking from the end of the snails that my grandma carefully mutilated earlier in the afternoon. Grandpa was watching me the whole time and gave me a pointer or two about the proper way to suck a snail out of its shell. My uncle was telling me about how people used to order snails in buckets back in his hometown.
Not sure that is something I think I'll be doing any time soon, though....
Not really crazy about it...

Anyway, now it's just chillin' time for me.
Just bought 3 cds for myself on Thursday when I picked up the textbooks for Mr. Bunny and Uncle: Soler's Intuition concert VCD (so I can just stare at the gorgeous twins), Jack Johnson's In Between Dreams (just in case he has other songs as nice as his Better Together) and a compilation album titled Nat King Cole @ the Movies. I know these are kinda old, but who cares, since they're so cheap. Anyay, the first two I kinda "used up" the past two days and now, it's Nat's time....

I must say, he truly deserves to have King as his middle name.

No comments: