Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A visit to the Oracle

No, I'm definitely not Neo, or even Trinity for that matters. It was a different type of oracle.
A different type of story, and this one was slightly more straight-forward in his explanation than the Matrix's.

I know to some it sounds like such an "auntie" thing to do, but out of curiosity, I went with my aunt and grandma anyway.
It was a favor that my aunt had promised to do for my other aunt.
(This is what you get for being in a huge and closely-knit extended family)

While we're at it, I thought I might as well see what he sees in the future for me.
Most of the stuff he (or He) said was quite relieving, but I still can't figure out this one particular comment that he made. My aunt and I have different interpretation of this comment.

I think my interpretation made more sense than hers though...

^_^

My aunt and I did agree on one thing: How amateur we were compared to the others who were there. I guess it's perfectly understandable considering this was the first time we've done this.
Seriously, people just seem to have so many questions in their mind. Each one of them needed at least a good 10 minutes.... but it took both of us less than 10 minutes in total, I believe.
Lesson learnt: Need to practice on scenario analysis with hypothetical questions (What if I do this instead of that? What if.... What if....?) along with sensitivity analysis of each alternative.
^_^

Anyway, I just wanted to make note of his comment for future reference. We'll see how things turns out.

And no, I am not looking for an Adam-Sandler's Universal remote control. I'm iust keeping my fingers crossed. Will just hope for the best.

2 comments:

Scal said...

Funny that, I just watched Matrix on TV, then you meet an Oracle? :p

Anyway, I just have some thought about fortune-teller, oracle, or whatever it is. Do you believe in the concept of mind over body? That your body will automatically do whatever your mind think?

The Oracle can say anything about the future: You will be rich, you will be poor, you will meet your soulmate at age 30, etc. But I think when you start believe in it, your body will do it automatically. If you believe you will be poor, your body will do anything to make you poor.

Anyway... whatever the Oracle told you, have faith for yourself :D.

chocoholic said...

Yeah, Scal... I do believe in the mind-over-body concept. However, at the same time, I do kinda believe in the concept of predestination.

Anyway, I know once you really buy it, whatever the fortune-teller tells you usually turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy. So, usually when the fortune isn't something that I'd like to hear, then I just forget about it. When it's good, then I hold on to it. Smart eh?
^_^

I must admit I'm struggling a little in trying to hold on to the faith I have in myself, but it's there... I'm still holding on to it.

Thanks a lot for reminding me. ^_^