Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Just not my day

This is a really bad day.

First of all, I'm kinda' upset that I haven't lost any weight since my training started.
I know all the talk about building muscles that are heavier than fat... but I can't help but feel disappointed.
Note to self: Must hang in there!

Then on the way home, I think I got caught when I "didn't realize I was going slightly beyond the speed limit" on the expressway.

Then it was home to find out what a scheming, scamming organization a reputable education institution can be.
All the intransparencies. All the so-called behind-the-scenes politics.
I hate it when people try to camouflage the truth.
I think I would've been less upset if they had been more honest in handling the issue.

I know Uncle's right. At the end of the day, it boils down to business.
Make money.
The heck with people.

I was so pissed off earlier I was ready to just pack up and leave.

Wait a minute... is this the sign I was looking for?
Hahaha....

Neah..... I have to learn how to be cool as a cucumber.
Now is there any schoool in this world that offers a graduate degree in this subject?
I suspect they might have something like this in Tibet....

I must have been a gypsi in my previous life. Either that or a Mongolian nomad.
Wait a minute... guess I'd better confirm first whether or not they really have nomads in Mongolia.

At the bookstore yesterday, while waiting in this tremendously long line, I overheard a discussion among some freshmen behind me( or at least I believe they are freshmen.... well, undergrads for sure).
I was really amazed to hear one of the girls said (in their giggly girly voice):
"Huuh?? Work in Japan ah? I don't want leh.... I don't wanna work overseas. I wanna stay here in *blip*. "

"Don't be a 井底蛙"
That's what a cab driver once fiercely said to me.
Note to him: Dearest uncle cabbie, maybe you should talk to that girl .... Straighten her out instead of me.

No comments: