Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I found my second Third Coast

I went with HB and Uncle to see one of the fireworks at the Espalanade on Tuesday.
The fireworks was ok but the crowd wasn't....
I guess I might be getting slightly too old for all the brouhaha.
I had to try very hard not to start scolding these youngsters for cutting line, sneaking in to get a better view in the front.
Well, that plus I think I'm a bit traumatized getting stared at by a traffic police when I decided to join some people who were jaywalking.

Anyway, Mr Playboy Bunny joined us with his gf after the fireworks, and we all headed to Novena Square to meet up with Mr Gin and his lady.
We went to this place that supposed to be a German food / beer place.
But interestingly, they had Fried pork knuckle bee hoon in their menu!
My gosh... Didn't know Germans are also into te-kar-bee-hoon....
Hahaha....

The place is really NICE though. Very relaxed, cozy ambience. Food was good. Beer was better. They had some fruity beer which tastes so much better than the regular beer.
I'll definitely go back there one of these days. The ambience of the place kinda' reminds me a bit of Third Coast in Chicago. Well, minus the singer that nobody listens to despite his effort to sing his heart out.

Sometime after midnite, we left the place. I had to follow the Gin man's lead to PIE coz I had no idea where I was.
5 minutes away from home, I changed direction and headed to Mustafa Centre instead.
What a waste of gas,.... I know.
Novena - PIE - Clementi - AYE - ECP - Mustafa?
Geez....

But I LOVED it though....
Well, night time is my favorite time of the day in the first place.
So midnite walks, midnite grocery shopping, midnite drives.... you name it and I love it. Well, except for midnite gotta-have-this-done-by-tomorrow kinda' thing.
Everything seems so much more peaceful in the wee hours of the night.

I slowed down a bit on the Esplanade bridge (whatever its real name is).... and managed to stole a glance, or rather a few of them, of the downtown skyline.
It was really nice.

By the way, I really think every city should have their own Mustafa Centere. Seriously.....

I think the place is amazing.

Branded watches. MP3 player. NIKE. CF card. Luggages. Yoga bricks. Clothings.Stationery. Toiletries. Cellphones. Groceries. Souvenirs. Home applicances. Toys. Digital cameras.
Open for 24-hours everyday (Best part).

No comments: