Friday, June 23, 2006

Singapore City tour

I spent today with my sis-in law who was in town for 20 hrs.
She only had less than 5 hrs of sleep last night. With her need for adequate beauty sleep, I bet today must have been hell for her.

I think today was one of my record-breaking driving day. I woke up at 6.30. Drove to Queenstown to pick up my sis-in law and her dad. After a quick breakfast at Redhill. Had those nice chwee-kuays with stinkifully yummy chai-poh with sesame seed. Afterwards, it's off to Toa Payoh Central. Half an hour there, and we moved on to Chinatown. Dropped my sis-in-law's dad off there and later dropped her off at Orchard before I flew back to Teban Gardens to get the wallet I had left behind. Hit the road right away after I grabbed what I needed, and drove back to Orchard to meet her. We spent 2.5 hrs there -- the usual Ngee Ann-Wisma-Isetan round - and then rushed back to Queenstown. There was some final packing and then it's off to Changi. Rushed check-in as they changed to an earlier flight and then it was me, myself and I all the way back West.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it, but I had more fun today than the past 3 weeks I've been here.
I've been bored stiff.
At least today was quite productive in my opinion.
At least I was getting things done.

Anyway, I found a relatively nearby community centre offering a number of classes that I'm really interested in. Pilates! YOGA! Tons of yoga classes! They have a couple of them instead of just a single class as in the one centre closest to this place. And guess what? They also have French! Oui! Oui!
And jewelery making too!

I'm gonna sign up a.s.a.p....

Anyway, looking forward to July 2nd.
Hopeful. Excited. Anxious. Nervous. Scared.

No comments: