Sunday, June 25, 2006

one lazy sunday

Today was definitely a family day for me. The morning was spent at home with my relatives, with a treat of my aunt's homemade mee-siam. Afterwards, it was shopping time with my granma and my aunt, followed by a movie with my little cousins. I decided to give them a treat to the movies on their last sunday before the school starts tomorrow.
Not sure if the choice of the Omen was a good move, but heck... the youngest one in the group was the only one who did not respond (at all) to the typical sudden attacks of (slightly) creepy images in the movie.
It was actually a tad disturbing to see how he wasn't disturbed at all by the movie.

I had a snack at Pepper Lunch (or at least I think that's the name of the place) before the movie, and I loved their Shake! Shake! Salad, or whatever it is they call it, which is basically just a small serving of salad in a clear plastic cup with a lid. All three types have a bit of udon at the bottom.
I tried the seaweed salad, and it's really quite nice. At the very least, it's definitely a good change from the other salads I've found here with the typical creamy dressing.
Looking forward to try the other two.

Hm.... I wonder if I stand a better chance keeping track of my salad hunt than my weird cabby rides, which have been seriously depleting in frequency since I'm not back in school yet and thus can still "steal" my aunt's car from her when she's not going to her classes.

One of my best friends asked about my plan and whether or not I have considered going back to US.

Gosh.... I think I can come up with at least a 5000-word paper as the answer.
On second thought, maybe two words will do:
Dream on...

Happiness is a matter of choice. Either you choose to be happy or you don't.

2 comments:

BETO said...

come back ! come back ! impossible is nothing !

chocoholic said...

How about unthinkable then?
Oh well... now that I've thought about it then it's no longer applicable.

Dimcorner, do you remember what you once told me way, way back when I was complaining about being so far away from my family?
I think you told me that one should just go with the flow , enjoy the ride and not be too adamant about anything.

Well, I remember thinking that could be a very good point that you raised there.

I've learned to never say never ever since, and switch instead to "I dunno....".

I flip one page of the book at a time and keep my fingers crossed while waiting to see what the next page has to offer.

Everything happens for a reason, I still believe. And mostly it's a good one, I think.