Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Behind the scenes of my nightmare

GOSH....
Now I'm a bit relieved. Just realized that the nightmare I mentioned won't be part of any deja-vu, since it seems to be induced.
What I noticed with my dreams that turn in to deja-vus is that they usually don't have any events or occasions that I think could have induced them.

I think this nightmare came about because I dozed off listening to this discussion on Chicago's KissFM regarding the cases of unnecessary deaths... with this violence in the rap world ( in Detroit, I believe), the drag racing on State St (man,... I'm a bit worried for some of my old neighbours in my previous apartment building. I hope everyone's ok), people having problem getting emergency medical assistance from 911.

It was just so upsetting to listen to the recorded 911 calls, but I can't help but feel slightly for the operators. I mean, I wonder if they were just really having a bad day or stressed out about something and made a really bad call at work. Although the recordings really stressed me out, I kinda find it even more upsetting to hear some of the unbelieveable comments made by people who called in or messaged the radio: Among them a guy who insisted that it is their rights to drag race on a public street, saying that there's nothing anyone can do to stop them, and another who I think admitted to drag racing WITHOUT driving license?!?!? There was also a lady caller who cheerfully called in and kinda' suggested that it sorta' levels out the situation, comparing it to people who were killed in an accident involving LICENSED older drivers.WTH?!?!?!

I'm just upset.
I was involved in an accident before a few years ago. Luckily the person survived with a dislocated hip and minor injuries according to what the doctor told me. I remember crying the whole night that night.

I don't drag race. I might go beyond the speed limit once in a while nowadays on the expressway, but only when there is really the need to. Even then, it doesn't go to an absurd triple digit figure. And it definitely does not happen on a public street with pedestrians around.
I must make a note to myself to drive even more carefully in the future.

I guess it might be a good idea to try to remember this more often. I can't remember where I heard or read it, but it sure sounds Oprah-y to me:
Driving is a privilege, not a right.
Now I wonder if it came from some public service announcement. Geez... some really bad memory that I have. Wonder if my brain is running on some old pc from pre-pentium era....

No comments: