Sunday, April 22, 2007

My kryptonite

I was looking for some mp3s I would like to have in my new phone (courtesy of my lovely mom and bro), and I almost bawled my eyes out when I went through my Earl Klugh folder.
Times like this I really wish I could blame the bluecactus-dimcorner duo for stuffing my head with Earl Klugh. Well not all of his work of course,.... I have highly limited space in my "harddrive" in case you don't remember.
While I am almost certain that most of his songs can really take me places, this one particular "Till the End of Time" to me is almost as bad as kryptonite is to Superman.

Anyway, I think now I'm more stressed out because of the new phone than I am because of my new job.
It's not like I don't appreciate the gift, but I have always been a loyal Nokialite as far as I can remember. Even when I was stuck with other phones previously, I was always eyeing Nokia. I think I have actually sworn after I got my last 7610 (again, a really sweet gift from Mom), that I would never ever ever go for any other brand other than Nokia.
And look where I am today.

I am stuck with my new phone, and I am finding all the fancy stuff a bit overwhelming.
I wanted a simple Nokia E 61i but my brother insisted it looked really ugly, and chose this one instead.
I am a bit bummed that I can't use my mp3s as my ringtone.

Anyway, I suppose I'd better move on.

Oh yeah... a lot of people have been asking ( and I mean a lot!) anout my new job.
So far, I find that my colleagues are really quite fun. I suppose the fact that I am a little late in my "growing up" process might help a bit. Hahaha..... so I can still relate to them you see....since I have just found out that one of them just graduated from primary school when I started my first year in college.
Dang... finding out about this just accelerated my aging process. hahahahaha.....
I felt really old .. well just for a split second before I completely forgot about it again (until now, of course).

I also just found out over the weekend that some of my classmates from my last program are making more than twice my current salary. I would be lying if I said that it didn't get to me at all, but.... for some reason I really don't feel that it's that big of a deal.
The way I look at it, I am slightly behind, coz I went slightly off track, but I seriously think I'm heading the right way this time.
I can really see myself doing this kind of work in the long run, believe it or not.
Now, if only I can somehow reconcile my expectation with the fact that this particular field of work in this particular sector is quite notorious for its low pay.

One of my friends asked today if I feel excited at all about going to work when I wake up in the morning.
Although it took me a few seconds, I am still quite impressed that I actually said yes.
SO there you go...., I love my low-paying job!
And for that matter, while it is giving me a headache, I love my new phone too!
Thanks, Boss (for the job)! Thanks, Mom and Bro(for the phone)!
And thanks to you, bluecactus and dimcorner, for introducing me to one of my all-time favorite songs ( although I seriously feel as weak as Superman in krytonite-filled bathtub right now).

1 comment:

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Don't worry, Chocoholic, I once was paid so minimal it felt like free labor when I got my first ever IT job. It's just a stepping stone for something bigger and better in the future.