Friday, October 28, 2005

One heck of a bus ride

I'm quite convinced that the bus driver seriously forgot that he still had another passenger on board. OK, so I guess 00.15 am it's not really a good idea to still be on the bus through the industrial park. But, hey, I'm a paying customer, OK?

This guy was swerving from one lane to another, swaying his body along as if moving along with a music playing in his head. By the time he got through the first roundabout (of a few along the way), it seriously felt like I had just gone through a ride in the amusement park.

Brakes? What's that? Neah.. don't know it, don't need it.

Geez, I had to hold on to my dear life, utilizing all my limbs to grab whatever footing and holding I can find just to avoid getting thrown out the window.

But anyway, I was so relieved after being done with my individual presentation today that I didn't even feel the need to curse or anything like that. Didn't even need any alcohol after managing to drag some of my friends out for supper after class. They were just amused at how happy I was.

Yipee!! The two trouble-makers, along with their parents aka. my bro and sis-in-law, are coming to town in the next few days. So should have some "entertainment". Honestly, nowadays, just having more people around is high-intensity entertainment for me. Pathetic? I know....

Hm... somebody suggested backpacking to Phuket over the break? Now that's an interesting idea.... Wonder how long I'll last on the road. Now if we had a car it would be great. Just lurrrve driving. Anyway, I think maybe we should start with Malaysia first though. Redang island's beach looks gorgeous on the website, and I just saw a package that includes 3 snorkeling trips. Tempting idea.... questionable prospect, though.

Anyway,I was also thinking of Penang. When he was still around, Grandpa offered to take me there a few times, but I never took the offer. Now I wonder if he really was just looking for an excuse, and a friend, to go there. He seemed to like the place a lot (though I have no idea what's there). Should've noticed that....

No comments: