Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Disposable memory

Just realized most of my friends have become just text in my inbox or in my IM window. Well..., ok... so I guess maybe once in a while a few animated emoticons (how are we supposed to pronounce this by the way?).

I'm just not sure if it's a good thing or not.

Is it good because I still have them in my thoughts, that at least we are maintaining that thin line called friendship despite our nerve-wrecking daily routines and work pressure? Or is it bad because it's all that I have left from all the great times we used to share?

I just miss a lot of people, that's all. Can't help but wonder if they are thinking of me too. A friend once told me not to hold on too hard to any memory that you have. "People come and people go.... That's life," this friend said, not long before she basically just flew away and disappeared into thin air.

As much as I try to, I am a sucker for nostalgic memories. Think I've managed to let go of a lot and I've managed to drag myself to move on (physically: twice) but I reminisce a lot. Wonder why it is so much easier for everyone else to let go.

Just wish I could do without this 30GB hard drive (or have a teeny, itsy, bitsy one just to run the OS) and just stick with USB thumb drives for good. Disposable memories for your brain.... wouldn't that be great then?

2 comments:

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

but I bet you still remember the time we chased away the butt-groper in Vietnamesse town. ;)
And also, who are those anonymous people.
Damn them.
I want to delete them, then I realize, the blog is not even mine. :P

chocoholic said...

yeah, how can u get rid of these crap anyway?
any tips?