Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sweating onions

Ever heard of this cooking technique? If you haven't, those of you with cable tv should really watch the food channel more. What interesting and informative programs they have there :)
(My favourite, of course, Iron Chef, what else? --- NOT the American Iron Chef show though. I find the lack of originality so not appealing.)

Anyway, sweating the onions, as far as I know, is supposed to bring out the sweetness in the onions.

Well, that only works for onions.At least I think so.

When you get creative with your ingredient and try sweating a person, most of the time that's really not that an attractive idea. There's definitely nothing sweet about it, ok?

This is precisely why I can't help but curse this evil weather, here in the heartlands (Still can't figure out how they came up with the word heartlanders). As much as I would like to think that there is something sweet about me sweating, I really don't have any evidence to prove it.

Alternative solutions so far:
- Not have any fluid in my body (Kinda' tough to do)
- Design and produce a cooling thermal bodysuit (Slightly easier but still tough)
- Not leave my air-conditioned room for the rest of my stay here (Tempting idea)
- Hypnotize myself into believing that I'm an onion: Nothing but sweetness will come out of all this (Yeah, right!).

I seriously am impressed with all the gorgeous ladies here who walk around like they are only 2 seconds behind the leader within less than 50 meters to the finish line in a triathlon right under the wonderful equatorial sun, but still manage to keep all their make-up intact. I am just so greatful that I am not required to put on any on a day-to-day basis. But seriously, how do you do it, ladies? Super sweat-proof make-up? Anti-perspirant body lotion and face moisturizer? Tatoo all the make up on your faces? A special medical procedure to remove all sweat glands from your body?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: