Saturday, August 13, 2005

just rattling here...

I'm on the 6th floor and my window faces a man-made lake. There's a pretty decent-size reservoir just right across the street from the building. You can actually go and feed the turtles and fish there if you want. People usually bring their kids there late in the afternoons. I heard my niece and nephew loved it when they came and stayed here.

I can see a lot from my window. The water. The trees along the street. The path around the lake lined by street lights every 20 meters or so. The buildings across the reservoir. They're mostly industrial buildings, unfortunately. There are some blinking lights from some towers there that always seem to catch my eyes. One time I even saw lighthouse-like structure in my first midnight stroll. Other than that, it's pretty typical like any other place in the island.

I like it when I see people enjoying the fake lake,though. Sometimes they're parents trying to catch up with their kids who just decided to take off, while trying to control the stroller with the baby in it. Sometimes they're couples enjoying the wonderfully polluted night air. Sometimes it's just somebody trying to follow doctors' instruction to stay active and exercise. Sometimes it's just a whole bunch of factory workers looking for a free activity.

Aside from the individual joggers, it seems people only go either as a couple or in groups though. Sometimes I'm just curious what they think of me when they see me there in my running shoes (Note: not suggesting any particular activities is being conducted here :P). Perhaps one giant suicidal ham in running shoes? ^_^

No comments: