Saturday, December 18, 2004

TGIF

PHEWWW....What a long Friday it was today, ooops, I mean yesterday considering it's around 1.30 in the morning now. I had breakfast with the ladies from work for a belated birthday get-together. We decided to try out this place about 5 minutes drive from work. It was a quaint place in the middle of what used to be a project, so talk about weird location, huh?But anyway, amazingly once we got inside the tiny little breakfast place, we were transported immediately away from the hustle and bustle of the windy city. This despite some construction, some vacant lot and some run down buildings around the corner. The place really had a nice atmosphere. One of the ladies even compared it to being in Vermont. Considering I've never been to Vermont, I guess I'll have to take her words for it.

Anyway, breakfast was great, but I really learned my lesson today. I've never felt so sick from sugar overdose before. It was BAD. Well, actually... it wasn't the breakfast as much as the bag of leftover halloween sweets that the belated b'day colleague brought to the office afterwards. The whole office ( including my boss who's usually pretty sensible in watching what she eats) didn't have anything other than those sweets the rest of the day. By early afternoon, we were all pretty much down from the sugar overdose.

To make things worse, I had to stay behind waiting for a colleague to finish his work before I could do my part. I was the last person the leave the building and I didn't get to do it till after 7:30 pm. Even then I still had to drop some documents off at Fedex to make sure they get to DC by Monday. Being the wonderfully lucky person that I am, I got there 10 minutes before the last pickup for the week! YEAHHH!!!

On a much lighter note, the highlight of the day was when I found out that I got straight A-s this term. Man... I couldn't help it and did my crazy, fluttering-hands, jiggly-wiggly,looks-like-a-fish-getting-electrocuted dance in front of everyone. It was CRAZY this past term, and I really appreciate the grades (THANKS PROFS!), coz I worked my ass off for them(not thatit's grown smaller in size though... it's even growing bigger and bigger now, hahahaha). Anyway, I know some people would think nothing of this, but taking 10 graduate credits while working full time is definitely not a good idea. NOT a good idea, I tell ya'.... trust me. Well at least it wasn't a complete waste of time. I did learn a little bit about the field of work that I'm interested in.

Another long distance call to my best friend back home. She asked me again about going home.

Being a true believer of the"everything-happens-for-a- reason" quote that I am, I can't help but wonder where my path is going to lead me this time.

oh well.. can't really worry about that now. Gosh.. got so many things to do tomorrow. celebrate and shop! haha! ^_^

YEAY!! might have a chance to drive tomorrow! HURRAAHH!!

Staying home alone on a friday
Flat on the floor looking back
On old love
Or lack thereof
After all the crushes are faded
And all my wishful thinking was wrong
I’m jaded
I hate it
- Love song for no one / John Mayer-

No comments: