Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Silly me...

Boy was I wrong or what....

Silly me left my previous job thinking that I wanted to deal with more "concrete" things than rows and rows of numbers,
only to find myself getting cross-eyed from staring at up to 22,000 rows of data at one point in time.

Silly me left my previous job thinking that I would be free from annoying crappy databases that sound all great in concept until you need them to work properly and respond promptly),
only to find myself stuck with another one with even more issues to deal with.... so much so that I have to hold my breath and keep my toes crossed while doing a single click on my mouse.

(For God's sake, can't everyone learn from google? Capacity! CAPACITY!For God's sake please make sure your server's adequate before you start charging thousand and thousands of dollars will ya? Silly me forgot that I was fighting for access with people from the other side of the world)

Silly me left my previous job thinking that I want to be closer to my family,
only to find myself drifting even further apart.

Silly me left my previous job thinking that I will be able to spend more time and attention on my dearest family,
only to find myself having neither the time nor the patience to pay enough attention to them.

Silly me didn't have a clue...

No comments: