Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bright shiny object -- not UFO.

On our way home from lunch last Sunday, I ran out of topics to bring up to my aunt (My uncle is an awfully quiet guy), so I was just looking out the window, trying to catch any interesting building that people might bring up in class next time.
Offices... trees...offices...trees...condos..trees....condos....trees...HDB flats...HDB flats...tr..WTH!!?!?!
Somewhere along the way, there was a piece of a shining white thing under the bright scorching sun. Couldn't really make out what it was the first few seconds...
Good thing my uncle doesn't really drive that fast... not as fast as my aunt used to, at least.... so I had the chance to do a double take.
It took me a few seconds, what with the other cars blocking my view....
Geez....!!!
It was an uncle (old guy in the local context), stripped down to his speedos, lying down on the grass by the expressway and trying to soak all the UVs he can get.
NOT trying to be discriminating (hey, who am I to judge?), but it's just such a WRONG picture that I don't think I can list enough reasons why it's just so wrong:
  • Think I'd make sure I have a more acceptable belly in terms of its size before I start any exhibitionist move like that.
  • Think I'd prefer a dead-body pose than his cleopatra-wih-bulging-belly-looking-at-the-sun pose.
  • Why, oh why? Why the banana-hammock (can finally use one of the words from NC) for God's sake? Can't a bermuda do?
  • Such shiny and temporarily blinding distraction can be a hazard to the drivers on the highway . He should've come up with a traffic warning sign: Non-UFO blinding shiny object ahead!
  • Uh, hello, uncle??? Have you heard of skin cancer?
  • As I'm currently studying real estate: Location, Location, LOCATION! Why the expressway of all places in the world? Hello?!!?!? Heard of the word pollution before?

I don't know... I think I haven't fully recovered from this traumatizing experience. I'm just glad my niece and nephew were not there to ask their regular "What is he/she/it doing?". I wouldn't have the slightest clue what to tell them.

No comments: