Saturday, March 11, 2006

I hate cancer.

Within a week, I've received two bad news of the same kind. Two of my friends have lost their dads.
And what makes me feel bad is not being able to be there for them. I tried calling one of them but it's really quite awkward... not sure what to tell her. I just wish I could be there to hold her hands. I think she would need that more than words.
The other friend actually lost her father a few weeks ago, but I only heard of it about 2 days ago. This time, again it's the damn cancer.
I HATE CANCER!!!!!!!!!
I never got to meet this father of my friend. However, from her stories, I could tell that he was a really sweet, and funny dad... like those that you see in the movies. He had a chicken farm raising chicks that kindergartens couldn't keep anymore. He had a very nice pear tree and I had a taste of some of the harvest once. They were some of the nicest pears I've ever had. He also helped a divorced niece take care of 4 kids. He just sounded like a really nice grampa, just like my paternal grampa....

I hate cancer.

No comments: