Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The end of the fellowship?

I hate it when a good story ends. I hate those last pages of the novel when I really want the characters to stay with me. Or maybe it's me who really want to stay with them. I wonder how I'd feel when JK Rowling stops hatching those money-making golden-eggs Harry Potters of hers. I've always been a sucker for series, almost any series... I think simply because of this one reason: I don't like any ending to any good story. I don't want it to end. Period.

However, I do need to point out that the Edge of Reason sequel to Bridget Jones' Diary was a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE idea. The book was not even remotely as fun and enjoyable as the original. There you go... so I guess I'm a selective sucker for series and sequels.

When I brought up the subject of my leaving Uncle Sam for good, this one good friend of mine basically said: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
(Hahahhaa.... you're so funny, Miss M!)

Anyway, yeah.. I wonder if it is really the time for the fellowship to end this time. Though there's no ring to be destroyed, no raw-fish-eating-weird-looking- Gollum-like creatures around, no awesomely-cool-elf-archer to drool at and no throne to be reclaim from a crazy steward, it sure won't be easy for me when the time comes.

Wonder how I'll manage it. I really have no idea. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

No comments: