Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Farewell

Today was the last day at work for my dear friend, Miss Wong.

Considering what a cry baby I am, I am a bit surprised to find that I didn't cry at all.
Well, ... maybe partly because I already cried a bit the other day when she showed our buddy Mr Ong and me the snack box she had carefully prepared and hid so well for us.

I just thought it was really sweet of her. She bought all the snacks that we had previously tried and liked. She must have burnt quite a hole in her pocket from all those japanese snacks.

Anyway, we had our farewell lunch -- a teochew porridge buffet -- earlier today. Then at 6 pm we went for dessert at this really nice chinese dessert place nearby.
It's becoming a tradition it seems for us.

Then there were four,.... now there are two.

Think Mr. Ong also can't wait to leave. And I have been telling him and everybody else, that the day he leaves, I will follow suit.

I hate to be left behind like this. That's one of the things that make goodbyes even harder I think.

Well, I just hope we'll be keeping in touch.

And here's wishing you all the best, Miss Wong! Unlikely as it is, I hope you'll find new colleagues who are cooler than us.

I will definitely miss the company during my drive home every day.

No comments: