Sunday, July 01, 2007

a sundae-less sunday

I decided to pamper myself with a boxed set of the fifth season of Gilmore Girls.
Simply coz it's the latest season I could find at the one and only Borders in the city.
I've gobbled up 4 and going thru my fifth episode. Some of them I've actually seen, but it's still all good.
I just hope I'll be able to find the last season after this.
Oh I also got a really cute paisley covered sketchbook for my work notebook.
I've been using sketchbooks as notebooks for the past few years and by now I have almost zero tolerance for ruled notebooks.
It took my cousin and I a good half an hour ransacking the stationery section at Borders. I had hoped to find the same suede or any leather-bound sketchbooks I used to get at Borders in Chicago. But as I should've expected, there was nothing even remotely close.
I'm quite happy with the spiral wire-bound plastic paisley notebook though. It's really quite pretty, though I'm still not crazy about the wire-bound.

Oh, and I got a haircut today @ Wheelock.
And all I can say is, is gonna take a lot. A WHOLE DAMN LOT. to ever convince me to get a haircut here in the island. ever. again.
talk about some seriously old-looking fifth-grader here.
Gosh. I just know that I'm gonna get such a hard time about my hair cut from a good friend that's coming to town this friday.
Yup. Mr. Girbo is coming to town.

Gosh. Can't believe it's gonna be monday in a few hours. It's gonna be a really long week I'm sure.
I miss Friday already. ....

(And whowas it that just said she loved her new job? haha.....)

2 comments:

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

CONGRATS!!!
Is this going to be your last degree?
You need to understand, you know, that one day when you print out your wedding invitation the way our culture does it, you'll have to put all of your titles.
And I begin to think that your 'complete' name won't fit into one line. You might have to wrap it down to the second line.
:D

chocoholic said...

Thanks, roomie!

And yes, this is my last academic degree, I assure you.
I have so much catching-up to do career-wise, I really can't afford to go for anything else.
Besides, it's not like I have any "juice" left in my brain. Hahahaha.....
Invitation...? Hmmm lemme think.
Well, honestly, I really can't picture when printing them might be necessary.

However, should that day ever come, I suppose we can either go with Times New Roman 9 or we can switch to landscape layout. Perhaps even make it an A3?
HAHAHA.... whaddaya think?