Wednesday, December 13, 2006

If my mom had a wishlist for Christmas, or New Year's, or even her next birthday (which is almost a year away), I suspect I know one potentially major item on the top of the list.
Unfortunately, as much as I try to be a good daughter, there's very little I can do to help her get this wish. This despite the fact that I could literally see the picture of it in front of me.

What can I say, ... life just doesn't work out that way. You can't always (or in my case, you simply don't) get what you want.

On the bright side, I did clear up the misunderstanding before I left... well at least on my end.
At least now I know my mom's not that nutty after all (to be putting me in such an embarassing spot), though now she's pressuring me to clarify with the other end that the message did not come from her.
Honestly I really just want to get it over with, but I really don't know how to do it without making it seems like such a big deal.

2 comments:

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

I think it might be a good idea for you to talk to the other end about what happened. I, on the contrary, think you should make it a little of a big deal.
Tell the other end: it ain't what it was, and that you value your friendship to the other end too much that you don't want any misunderstanding.

Hm,... did I say too much?

chocoholic said...

Thanks for the thoughts, blue cactus. And no, you didn't say too much.
Good thing is, the other end does not know anything about this blog :)

I don't really get in touch with the other end frequently, so I have my sis-in-law to thank for clearing up the whole thing.