Sunday, June 17, 2012

The hardest promise ever....

The hardest promise I have ever made is the one I made to myself, for myself to take better care and be nicer to myself. I have learnt from young age that except for my endurance in wearing high heels (which I am very sure I will regret very soon for health reasons), balancing is not exactly my forte. But persistence (or stubbornness) is definitely my forte. So I have decided not to give up trying. When one fails, you just have to pick yourself up and start all over again. My mid-year resolution is therefore: A more balanced lifestyle, incorporating at least 2 of the following by 31 dec 2012: 1) Consistent working hours involving less than 2 days/week of overtime in excess of 1 hr at the office; 2) 10 laps of proper front crawl at least 3 times/week; 3) Mandarin - 1000 characters; 4) Japanese - basic conversation; 5) French - basic conversation; 6) 5 successful baking experiments;or 7) -12 on the bathroom scale So, yes... tomorrow will be yet another new day. I am going to myself another chance. And the first step would be to make sure I leave office within 1 hr after the official office hour ends. Help me God...

No comments: